- Physical Characteristics: Bees are usually more rounded than wasps. They are also found in complete black and brown with yellow or orange colours. Meanwhile, wasps are narrow-wasted. They are brightly coloured with yellow and black patterns. Bees are also hairy while wasps are shiny and smooth.
- Feeding Habits: Wasps are more dangerous predators than bees. While bees feed mainly on pollen, wasps feed on insects. Their feeding habits thus differ significantly.
- Nature: Wasps are generally more aggressive. They are hence able to sting more than once unlike honey bees that die after stinging. In addition, honey bees live in colonies having a population of about 75,000. Wasp colonies don’t have more than 10,000 members. Queen wasps do not rely on worker wasps to set up their nest unlike honey bees. Apart from this, honey bees are capable of producing honey but wasps are not. Most wasps also hibernate during winters while bees never have to hibernate.
- Wasp Hives: The most common way to detect a wasp infestation is through wasp hives. These are paper like structures found hanging on trees, inside crevices, corners and more. More than one hive indicates a severe infestation.
- Holes and Sawdust: Wasps make holes in hard plants. They use wood from these in order to make their nests. Apart from this, due to their habit of chewing wood, they leave around your property. Detecting tunnels, holes and such wood shavings can showcase an infestation.
- Spotting Live Wasps: One obvious sign of a wasp infestation is spotting actual wasps. If you see more than a few wasps flying around your home or workplace, it is a sign of a wasp infestation. In such cases, you should call a pest control professional as soon as possible.
- Buzzing Sound: Another sign of an infestation is the typical buzzing sound around your property. Bees and wasps create a sound that can be detected quite distinctly. If you hear this or suspect this, you may want to call upon exterminators to inspect your surroundings.
- Don’t try to remove wasp hives on your own. This can cause more damage than to your wellbeing. It is a sure shot way of ensuring wasp attacks.
- Keep your food, especially sweet and protein-based things, covered. These are an invitation inside your property to wasps.
- In case of a sting, notify or visit your nearest physician immediately.
- If you see a wasp attacking, stand still or run in a straight direction without flailing your arms.
- Keep your head and face protected as these are the most vulnerable to wasp stings.
- Call your nearest wasp control and removal service. Hire Us 4 Pest Control can help rectify the situation by sending experienced and trained professionals to your doorstep immediately.
- Plantation and fallen logs
- Outdoor Areas – Patios, lawns and more
- Crack or crevice of a building
- Near light fixtures
- Beneath concrete
- Under rocks
- Mailbox stands
- Behind shutters
- Parasitic wasp
- Paper wasp
- Spider wasp
- Sand wasp
- Flower wasp
- Total Inspection: Using their knowledge and experience, our technicians observe the smallest details in your property. In this manner, we spot a wasp infestation effectively. We also use techniques to analyse the degree of infestation and determine a treatment accordingly.
- Expert Treatment Solutions: If the wasp infestation is within a controllable degree, we use eco-friendly solutions to treat it. These do not lead to any allergic reactions or health threats. In case of a widespread infestation, we use relevant chemicals and fumigation techniques to disinfect your property.
- Prevention Measures: We don’t just leave after removing wasps from your property. On the other hand, we plan for future infestations. In order to save your establishment from these, we treat it with wasp proofing solutions. We also seal all possible exit points and keep wasps off your estate for quite a while. In addition, we don’t charge extra for the time taken to do this.
- Reliable and Efficient Wasp Treatment Strategy
- Customised Treatment Plans Based on the Size of Your Property.
- Certified, Experienced and Trusted Team of Wasp Control Specialists
- Complete transparency and accountability early on regarding the cost, level and duration of treatment.
- Non-toxic, eco friendly and effective pesticides to eradicate termites
- Prompt and reliable services
Wasps Control and Removal Melbourne
Buzzing wasps can be irritating. These creatures may end up taking over your home or office by building nests all around. Moreover, they may sting, sometimes leading to allergies and fatalities. Wasps may also pollute your food and lead to a spread of diseases.
Too many cracks in your property, an excess of insects or food left in the open can attract wasps towards your property. These can then end up forming colonies around it. Such a phenomenon could lead to a wasp infestation that is harmful to the foundation of your establishment. Additionally, as mentioned above, it is also a threat to your overall well-being. Therefore, getting rid of them is extremely important.
Wasps are dangerous and aggressive. Taking out a wasp hive on your own can be harmful and dangerous. Thus, you need a professional pest control team with advanced wasps removal techniques. Hire Us 4 Pest Control is an Australia owned reputed pest control service. Our technicians will remove wasps from your estate with maximum safety.
Effective and efficient wasp removal team with skilled technicians
At Hire Us 4 Pest Control, our team consists of experienced, licensed exterminators. They have extensive knowledge on ways to remove wasps from your commercial and residential space without harming your property. We use some of the latest techniques and technology that guarantee a long-term solution for wasp pest control. Our solutions are thereby efficient as well as result-driven.
Difference Between Bees and Wasps
Since both are similar looking, bees and wasps are often confused with one another. Here are a few characteristics that separate the both.
Paying attention to all these details will help you tell apart a bee and wasp infestation.
What is wasp infestation?
Food left out in the open or insects crowding your establishment can attract wasps. At times, if the wasp is not removed immediately, it may end up forming hives. When this wasp population goes out of hand, it is called a wasp infestation.
In order to avoid a wasp infestation, it is necessary to spot wasps around your space early on. Following this, it is a prerequisite to take steps to eliminate it and prevent future infestations.
How to identify a wasp infestation?
There are a few signs that when observed can indicate a wasp infestation. Some common ones include:
What to do in case of a wasp infestation?
Wasps are dangerous. These can attack much more than bees. Additionally, their sting can even be fatal. Therefore, when you have a wasp infestation, there are certain things you need to take care of. These are as follows:
Common areas to look for wasp infestation:
We at Hire Us 4 Pest Control recognise and eliminate several species of wasps with specific treatment methods. Some of these are:
How Hire Us 4 Pest Control Help You With Wasp Control?
Hire Us 4 Pest Control is an Australian owned and operated pest control company that consists of a group of licensed exterminators. Our professionals are extensively trained. They are familiar with several treatment methods used to eliminate wasps.
Our full-proof wasp control method entails the following: